Neck lanyards are great innovation that started with a simple desire to solve the seafarers’ problem of being safe while holding knives to cut the ropes during stormy times. This was the earliest account of reasons why neck cords became valuable part of safekeeping method.
At present, these neck accessories are not just functional but also attractive tools to create impressions. Here are top 30 reasons why people use them:
1. Active, busy and commuting people use them to bring basic tools for work such as IDs, pass, business cards, keys, phones and pens. Pens are usually the most necessary objects for people who run errands inside or outside their working places. It is irritating to search for pens inside the bags when in a hurry to sign some documents but cannot find one or lose it while doing tasks for the day.
2. Workers use them to carry their tools such as pen lights, small knives and keys. Lanyards are durable and can efficiently hold those things. They also act as electric insulators. They are also light to use and easily available.
3. Sports and athletics clubs use them to display their designations during events. All personnel from sports directors, coaches, attendees, guests, paramedics and security men use neck lanyards for easy identification especially during emergency. They also use them to hold medals. Customized lanyards with their prized tokens are popular nowadays. They add meaning to simple medals.
4. Waiters, bartenders and restaurant staff use them to encourage their customers to feel at home. They want people who patronize their foods to know that they can call someone who serve them well or even report those who disrespect them to the manager.
5. Field workers such as home-service technicians, courier personnel and servicemen use them for identification purposes. Safety is the number one concern of people. Workers who offer their services need to present valid IDs. Wearing them on display with neck lanyards is necessary to make their customers feel safe. Home delivery and courier services make sure that their delivery men wear IDs too even if they wear the required uniform.
6. Inspectors use them for identification and keep people aware that they are doing necessary tasks to determine and check everything before giving building or business permits. Wearing lanyards gives them full access to the area without the hassle of being questioned why they are doing the rounds. Neck lanyards carry their full credentials and remind everyone to keep them undisturbed or assist them for any necessary requests concerning the purpose of their inspection.
7. Bicycle riders use them to carry their IDs or even water bottle without hassle. These are ideal for those who love to join competitions or events. Long distance travels are tiring and water is necessary to maintain their stamina. Adjustable straps of lanyards that are made of durable but light material are perfect for easy drinking access while pedaling.
8. Travelling groups who personally organize their own travels use them to indicate that they are visitors to the foreign place and for easy organization during their trips. They are important tools especially when somebody strays away from the others. The identical lanyards are fun to use and keep everyone aware of their companions when they are in a huge group of people.
9. Tour and travel agencies use them to promote their business. Their tour guides and visiting tourists wear the company lanyards to make a team. This is to avoid trespassers or unscrupulous people who will mingle with guests to rob them. They keep them safe and united while touring crowded places of interests.
Real-estate brokers and agents use them to display their identity during their sales presentations. Neck lanyards give them an image of professionalism and credibility. They need these impressions to make sales.